Monday 23 April 2007

It's Monday!



Hey All. It's been nice to hear from some of the people reading my blog. Feel free to drop comments as always. So, today's monday. Let's start with yesterday though. Well, I spent most of the day reading a John Piper book. A book review will follow in the next couple of days. I read three books this weekend, and I didn't want to review them all immediately and make you think my blog is simply a book review blog. It was a good book, as is expected from big JP, and spoke to me.

Then it was off to church last night. Which was good, I appreciate Matthew's preaching usually and I have a great deal of respect for him in sticking with his congregation. It's beautiful to see the impact God's had there, a lot of it through Matthew. Students really being involved in the elderly folk's lives, and vice versa. If my church is as well integrated at Gerrard Street Baptist, I'll be pleased. Obviously it's not perfect, but it is certainly a good church.

So this morning it's back to reality. As opposed to the dream world I lived in for much of last week in which I denied I had a 10,000 word dissertation and an exam. I was just sick of it. But this week I have to hit it head on, and this morning I've breached the 2,000 word mark and have a decent introduction. I had a class today, the picture above is where I have had most of my classes. It's a shame that in my final semester I'm in the chemistry building, which is significantly uglier. This week's class is on the development of cities in the Middle Ages and how they mirror the Mendicant orders. I know it doesn't sound riviting, but it's interesting to see how evangelism to urbanites developed, as before there wasn't really evangelism to one's own people, and certainly not to city dwellers. They don't teach it like that, but it's the way I'm looking at it.

I should get going. Maybe I'll do that book review this evening. Where ever you are, whatever you're doing, be joyful.

-Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey 2000 words! Nice work David!

I'm enjoying reading this blog of yours :) And am looking foward to reading your review of the JP book :)

I love you!
- Amanda