Wednesday 25 April 2007

The Life and Times Of Dave Smith's Groin...




Hello All. I'd just like to take a moment to pay my respects to the greatest football team in the world, Inter Bread FC. We've had many a good game together, and it's been a pleasure playing alongside this crop of fine young footballers. It looks like we have qualified from our league into the knockout stages; with an excellent record of 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 loses.

As many of you already know, my right groin has been torn since november. However I always intended to soldier on until we were knocked out or won the trophy. I played 90 minutes for the 'Buckfast Monks' today, against the crudely named 'Albion Yer Maw'. Things seemed to be alright, my fitness is on it's way back, which is always nice. The game was a non-event, with the monks having a non-existant midfield it didn't make my job any easier. But I had fun. Anyways, my groin is still torn, but a new revelation I can reveal exclusively on 'Blogheart' is that I may have broken my 4th metatarsal in my right foot.

A challenge almost as crude as their name seems to have severely damaged my chances of playing again this season. I will try to soldier on though. I'll see how it goes, but it may be time to listen to my body and slowly build up my fitness again and only then get back on the field. As long as Inter Bread are playing, I shall play, if I can. But after that, the season is over.

Now to get more philosophical, it really is quite a strange thing getting old. I mean, for the first time in my life I realised the other day... 'I'm unfit'. That's a bit of a tough one to take?! So once I'm recovered, I'm totally going to have to get fit again! It's very strange! I don't like it.

Anyways, I'm going to go and work on my dissertation again. I'm sick of it. The Bible supports a complimentarian view of women in ministry, accept it. I don't want to have to read another person who's like, 'but that's not ethical!'... who are you to tell God what is 'ethical'?! I also hate that there are 'Biblical Scholars' out there who openly tell us they're not Christians?! They can't know the Bible that well then can they?!

I haven't forgotten about that Piper review incidentally, it's still on the way. Anyways, enjoy your evening/morning/afternoon where ever you are.

-Dave

No comments: